November 17, 2005

The trouble with being the lone IT guy in a small shop is that there's no-one to celebrate with when you solve a problem that's been plauging you for weeks.

See, I ordered a new copier back in September. It's quite the machine--it'll even scan to e-mail. Except, that part didn't work. Ever.
No-one here could help me.
The support tech couldn't figure it out.
The bloody MANUFACTURERS couldn't figure it out.
Everyone blamed my mail server.

Turns out, the damn thing sends out mal-formed HELO commands. Not that that means anything to you, dear reader. But it sure meant a lot to my Exchange server.
A short edit to the IIS Metabase, and voila, it's fixed!

I deserve an f'ing cookie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baking you cookies and sending them to you right now John! You do indeed deserve them for such brilliance in the computer world.

Rebecca Welfare